Important reminder from the OSAA pertinent to thunder/lightning!
47. Lightning Safety Guidelines (From "NFHS Sports Rules Books")
The purpose of these guidelines is to provide a default policy to those responsible for making decisions concerning the suspension and restarting of contests based on the presence of lightning.
1) Assign a staff member to monitor local weather conditions before and during events.
2) Develop an evacuation plan, including identification of appropriate nearby shelters.
3) Develop criteria for suspension and resumption of play:
a) Recognition. When thunder is heard, or a cloud-to-ground lightning bolt is seen, the thunderstorm is close enough to strike your location with lightning. Suspend play and take shelter immediately.
b) Thirty-minute Rule. Once play has been suspended, wait at least 30-minutes after the last thunder is heard or flash of lightning is witnessed prior to resuming play.
c) Any subsequent lightning or thunder after the beginning of the 30-minute count should reset the clock and another 30-minute count should begin.
4) Hold periodic reviews for appropriate personnel.
This is only a partial login that only includes basic permissions and only permits access to some pages.
Fully login for complete access to your permissions and all pages and functions of Reftown